Saturday, October 08, 2005

Running through my mind

I was supposed to run a 5K this morning. It was to benefit hurricane relief efforts and would be in the local botanical gardens. But it was raining (as it has been for the past day and a half), and the three of us at work who had decided to do this had decided last night: "If it's raining, screw that. Sprinkling, fine. But pouring rain, no way, not fun."

Not that I think waking up at 6:30 a.m. to run a 5K on 4 hours of sleep when I'm in crap shape is all that fun anyhow. But hey, it was for charity. I have to admit, though, when I woke up and saw that it was raining, I was a little happy. I'd already paid the registration fee online, so it's not like I was depriving the Red Cross of money or anything. And it let me go back to sleep.

Then I dreamed (something I rarely remember doing) about being a soldier in "The Lord of the Rings" who was fighting bad guys in Middle Earth while eating Chinese takeout.

Whacked out crap like this is why I usually think it's best that I don't remember my dreams.

No comments: