Friday, October 28, 2005

Post-midnight snack

This is how out of whack my sleep schedule has become:

It's 3 a.m. and I'm making brownies.

Why? No reason -- I'm just hungry, and they sound tasty.

I just got back from going out after work and then helping a friend get heat in her apartment because I have more experience with radiators than I care to. (Although it's debatable whether heat is really needed. I wore a long-sleeve shirt for the first time all season on Monday. In Duluth, I'd probably have already broken out my heavy coat.) This is the same friend whose apartment building basement I had to break into using a credit card the other week so I could check the fuse box. I'm beginning to wonder if I should charge her landlord for maintenance.

Anyhow, what else have I been up to? Those who know what a picky eater I am will be pleased to hear that I went out to dinner the other night with a bunch a friends and we went to a Burmese restaurant. I couldn't tell you what makes Burmese food Burmese, but it's pretty similar to Indian. I had chicken and lightly fried potatoes in an onion-curry sauce, as I believe the menu described it, and it was totally delicious. Of course, it's also a glorified version of meat and potatoes, so I would.

I also stopped by an IKEA to pick up a chair that a couple of people I know have and that I've been wanting to get for some time. I haven't put it together yet, but I'm sure it will be everything I've hoped for. I even got a footstool. It will become my new reading chair.

And that's about it. I made pasta and scallops, with stir-fried carrots and sugar snap peas last week. Except I didn't care for the carrot and pea part of it, so I mostly just ate pasta and scallops, which were most excellent.

I think I've pulled everything together for my Halloween costume. I'll post pictures over the weekend. (No, I'm not telling what I'm going to be before then.)

Now if you'll excuse me, I have an episode of "Alias" to watch so I can find out if I'm right about who's in the box. (My guess: Vaughn's father.) Plus, my brownies are almost done ...

1 comment:

Autumn said...

You're so lovable, Brian, even when you come to Washington without saying hello.

(I haven't seen this week's Alias yet, but I think that's a good guess. Also, was it Matt and Kim's chair?)