Sunday, January 08, 2006

That's what I like

For any of you comic book or superhero fans out there, I highly recommend checking out DC Comics' "Identity Crisis." (Not to be confused with "Infinite Crisis," which I have not read.) You may not be able to find all the separate issues out there, but they've got a book out that has all the issues in it -- there's even an intro by Joss Whedon and some commentary at the end by those involved in putting it together. It examines the Justice League and some pretty dark issues, but the story telling is absolutely masterful. I stayed up until 6 a.m. this morning reading it (in about 3 1/2 hours). It's a must-read if you're a fan of the genre.

I also have to admit that I was wrong about the American version of "The Office." I had written that I didn't think it had any staying power and couldn't compare to the BBC version. But having gone back to re-examine it and seeing last week's episode, I think it stands on its own pretty well. It's funny and absurd, but it can also be touching and a little sad. "The Office," you have won me over. I offer my humble apologies for doubting you for so long.

I still don't get why so many people like "My Name is Earl" though.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you mean The Office. Office Space is the movie.

BriGuy said...

Reuben is very right. The post has been corrected. My love of "Office Space" has never been in question.