Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Awwww....

I don't know if anyone else out there watches "How I Met Your Mother" (if not, you should be), but I really liked tonight's episode. I also think I'm in love with the cake girl now...

Ahem. Anyhow...

What have you missed while I wasn't doing news updates like I said I would? Well, I'm not recapping all of that. But I'll tell you what happened Monday.

Ford announced plans to close 14 plants in North America and cut 30,000 jobs, which is obviously really crappy news for a lot of people and a lot of towns. Sorry to start on a downer. But all you people not buying big, honkin' SUVs anymore -- you know who you are -- why do you hate the auto workers? Did they ever do anything to you? I didn't think so.

The Russians have accused the British of spying on them and using fake rocks to do so, using the hollowed-out objects as high-tech dead drops. You know what? If a country's espionage agencies are fooled by the same thing that half of us hide our keys in, I really don't think you need to worry about spying on them.

A new judge has taken over the trial of Saddam Hussein. The last judge resigned amid concerns that he couldn't control the hearings or Saddam's outbursts. Which explains why they replaced him with Simon Cowell. You know he ain't gonna take any crap.

An advisory panel recommended that the FDA approve a weight-loss drug for over-the-counter sales. Now you can lose 5-6 pounds over six months and the only side effects you'll have to put up with are diarrhea and oily stools. Or you can just read about the side effects and that'll pretty well curb your appetite.

Amy Fisher and Joey and Mary Jo Buttafuoco are going to have a reunion that will be televised, though oddly enough, not on "Jerry Springer." Fisher, you may recall, was the "Long Island Lolita" with whom Joey Buttafuoco had sex when she was 16. Then she went and shot Joey's wife in the head. And now they're all going to sit down for a chat on national TV. What could go wrong?

4 comments:

David said...

I'm sorry, but I'm not writing an Ashley Williams letter on your behalf. What would Rachel think? Did you ever watch Good Morning Miami ? Ms. Williams looked much better on that show in my humble opinion. I was kind of disappointed with her performance last night.

BriGuy said...

DUDE! I knew she looked familiar, but I couldn't place her. But that's right -- "Good Morning, Miami." Wow, good memory, Dave. And don't worry, she has not overtaken Rachel at all. And you're right, she was better on the other show. But admit it, she was still totally cute.

Anonymous said...

Okay, Briguy. I know your work schedule from the days when Good Morning, Miami was on TV. And there were no Thursdays off in there. Tell me you did not tape that show. And if you did tape it, please, please, please tell me you did not watch it.

Please.

R

p.s. Please.

BriGuy said...

I'm not sure which is more disturbing, R: that you still remember which night "Good Morning, Miami" aired however many years ago, or that you still remember my work schedule from that long ago. Either way, I think someone is being a ... what's the word?

Oh yes:
Hypocrite.