Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Bumper stickler

I saw this bumper sticker while driving around today:
"Elect Christ king of your life"

I thought this was odd, mostly because one does not elect kings. (They are, as I'm sure you know, determined by lineage and, sometimes, whoever last sacked the kingdom.) I thought "Crown Christ king of your life" would have been much more fitting. But it also got me thinking of some other possibilities:

Elect Christ president of your life
Appoint Christ councilman of your life
Support the Savior for Senator of your life

Or my favorite possibility:
Stage a coup, overthrow your personal government and make Jesus the benevolent dictator of your life

I think it has a nice ring to it.

2 comments:

hlw said...

you have way too much free time!

(but i do agree with the problem of the original bumper sticker at hand.)

Anonymous said...

I just want to point out that in theory wouldn't Christ be the Prince? Wouldn't God have to be King? Hmm... it's possible that said bumper sticker is accidentally inferring that God is dead. That's not good.