Sunday, August 21, 2005

Short stories

On Tuesday, I read on Dark Horizons that Amazon was taking preorders for the "Batman Begins: Deluxe Edition" for only $16. I was totally excited and checked Amazon -- sure enough, $16! Awesome. But I was in a hurry and figured I'd get to it later. By the time I checked Amazon the next day, the DVD was "currently unavailable," which I'm taking to mean it reached its limit for preorders or something. Why didn't I just order it when I had the chance? WHY?!?! I've been checking back every day since then, but no luck. I'm not sure when I'll stop kicking myself...

I went to the batting cage on one of my days off last week to hit a few rounds. I thought I would start off with softballs just to ease my way into it. Not only did I not get any solid hits, I never even connected with the ball. Not even close. At one point, I actually started just watching the balls whiz past, trying to figure out what the hell was going on. So for the second round, I switched to baseballs figuring, what the heck? I had no problem hitting them. It wasn't until later that I realized that even though the baseball speed was medium, the softball speed was set at so-you-want-to-embarrass-yourself fast.

On Wednesday night, I somehow accidentally left my car windows rolled all the way down, which means they were open from about late afternoon Wednesday to late morning Thursday. Miraculously, three things did not happen:
1) It did not rain.
2) No one stole anything from the car, not that I keep much in there worth stealing.
3) No one stole the car itself.
I'm still not sure if I'm more amazed at my total absent-mindedness or that nothing bad happened.

Easy way to make chicken parmesan: Cook Shake and Bake chicken, and after it's done, add some pasta sauce, sprinkle with mozzarella, and put back in the oven long enough for the cheese to melt. Voila! Quick and easy.

If you're interested, among the many new posts over at Gig Matrix, are my thoughts on "40 Year-Old Virgin," "Four Brothers" and "The Daily Show: Indecision 2004" DVD.

Tonight, my friend Peter mentioned that he overheard a girl in a coffee shop say: "If you look up the definition of 'pimp' on Dictionary.com, you'll find a picture of him."
I thought it was an interesting example of how ubiquitous technology has become.

3 comments:

mightybob said...

I'm amazed nothing happened to your car, too. Congrats. I don't know if that says something about your choice of vehicle...

The chicken parmesan sounds pretty good. For a great unleavened bread recipe, check my blog.

mightybob said...

Oh, by the way, I've put a link on my site to your blog. I hope that's OK.

BriGuy said...

Yep, no worries. Thanks! :-)