Sunday, August 14, 2005

The games people play

After work Friday night, I hung out with a bunch of co-workers to play a variety of games -- Taboo, Balderdash and Scrabble.

I know; we're a crazy crew.

But I learned several interesting things playing Balderdash:

1) Pooter is a word, and it probably doesn't mean what you think it means. It's actually a tube with a suction cup on one end that you use to catch insects. Or something like that. However, I've decided it will be another word for someone who's a total jerk. ("That guy is a total pooter.")

2) Tatties is also a word that doesn't mean what you suspect. It's something like a wet carpet hung from windows in India to keep out dust, but the best made-up definition was the underwear you wear on laundry day. ("I didn't have any clean clothes left, so I'm wearing my tatties while I do laundry.")
I will, however, settle for it meaning miniature tattoos. ("Hey, I really like that little butterfly on your ankle." "Thanks! It's my new tattie.")

I would like your help in making these definitions popular.

3) The third thing I learned is that there are a lot of movies that involve ventriloquists and midgets. "The Dummy Talks" is about a midget who goes undercover as a dummy to find a ventriloquist's killer. "The Unholy Three" involves a strongman, a ventriloquist and a midget who team up to pull off crimes. Because, of course, why wouldn't they? With their combined powers, surely they would be unstoppable.

However, the various made-up plots to these movies have led me to create the greatest movie plot ever. This baby has Blockbuster written all over it. (By that, I mean straight to rental.) The story:

Three dames from the wrong side of the tracks wreak havoc in 1950s Chicago. In the process, they get on the bad side of a ventriloquist and his dummy, who is really a midget working undercover to catch The Unholy Three. The women are forced to flee to Rome, where they become prostitutes in search of redemption. Hilarity ensues in this slapstick comedy.

That, my friends, is money in the bank.

Hey, it's gotta be better than "Deuce Bigalow."

8 comments:

mightybob said...

Pooter is also what my engaged friends call a computer when they're using baby talk *gag*

BriGuy said...

Hmm... that's the most agreeable spam I've seen in quite awhile.
People who spam are pooters.

Why do your engaged friends use baby talk? Eek. You have my sympathies. That sort of thing should be reserved for ... well, babies. And maybe pets. Maybe.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Whats up? Im not right? Shouldn't you have deleted some links by now?

Anonymous said...

If they are going to spam, at least they should make it relevent to the post... pooter

BriGuy said...

I'm quite certain I don't want to see spam that involves pooters.

And while I do intend to update the links on the blog, I don't plan on getting rid of the one you want me to. So you'd best just deal with it. (And yes, I know who you are. It may say you're anonymous, but you aren't.)

Princess Pessimism said...

Yes yes yes...pooter is the GREATEST word, and I think that it's really going to catch on...Brilliance, utter brillance.

Prophetess said...

I love games! Especially "nude" karaoke with my friends, and Candyland with my daughter. "Pooter" is the word my daughter says when she lets out a big one and then looks sheepish and guilty. LOL !

Signed -
www.thiswomansmadness.blogspot.com