Thursday, October 21, 2004

Getting started

I feel like I'm jumping into the blogging scene a little late. (But then again, I don't even own a cell phone, so is anyone really surprised?) A lot of my friends have blogs, though, and I think it might be fun. So I'm going to give it a try. But I don't think I'll tell anyone about it for a few days. See if this thing takes, you know? I've noticed, though, that I've started thinking in blog entries. I think it's a combination of reading other people's blogs a lot lately and too much time to think during a recent roadtrip.

I think I'll mention more about myself later, but I have to relate a bizarre incident that just happened. I was sitting here at the computer, when all of the sudden, there was a sharp rap on my sliding glass door. I live on the second floor of an apartment building, so it seemed unlikely to be anyone but a superhero stopping by for a visit. I went to investigate and was quite surprised to find an owl sitting calmly on the floor of my balcony. I quickly turned out the lights to avoid scaring it and sat down to check it out. I've never actually seen an owl before, except in books and at the zoo. It was pretty cool looking. It didn't seem to be hurt (I assume the sound I had heard was that of the owl running INTO the window); it was just sort of hanging out looking over the field that my apartment overlooks. I briefly wondered if it was bringing me an invitation to Hogwarts. (It IS an owl that does that, right? I'm a Muggle; I've never read "Harry Potter.") After watching it for a bit, my curiousity got the better of me and I got a flashlight to shine at it so I could see it better. Dumb move. Of course, after a few seconds, he noticed the light, got spooked and flew off. I felt really bad. It was just sitting there and I scared it off.
Plus, what if it HAD been inviting me to become a wizard??
I hope it comes back.

No comments: