Sunday, October 24, 2004

Game 1

Part of me hopes that the World Series goes to seven games, just so that it's exciting. But another part of me hopes it only lasts four games, just so I can minimize my exposure to commercials for Fox TV shows.

On an unrelated note, a friend and colleague on the copy desk, who has chosen to go by the pseudonym Captain Dusty McAwesome for the purposes of this blog, keeps a list of funny headlines that he can use in case the right story ever comes along. One example is: "Looking for love in all the wrong blazes." It would go with a story about underappreciated firefighters. In the middle of trying to come up with a headline for one of my stories tonight, I came up with a completely random headline that could one day go with a religion story: "Sowing seeds of ascension." I have no idea what exactly the story will be about, but, like indecency, I'll know it when I see it.

Bizarre story of the day:
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/
2002070907_stranger23.html

No comments: