Friday, October 22, 2004

Christmas came early for everyone this year

Target had its Christmas decorations up at the same time it put its Halloween stuff out.
I walked into the Gap today and they were playing "Walking in a Winter Wonderland."
What kind of madness have we wrought?!?!?!

That being said, I contributed to the problem today by buying Christmas cards. Normally, I refuse, based on principle, to consider anything Christmas related before Thanksgiving. I firmly believe in keeping my holidays as separated as the food on my dinner plate. But every year, I struggle to find decent Christmas cards because, by the time I'm willing to buy them, the good ones are gone. I was in Hallmark today and there they were -- rows and rows of box sets of Christmas cards. And a couple of funny ones caught my eye. And I knew they wouldn't be there in another month. So I broke down and bought them. I'm not proud of this. In fact, I feel a lot like the retail industry's bitch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where's Saturday's blog? I've read it all, and I want more! We'e very demanding over here.
- CJ's mama