Wednesday, May 03, 2006

100 things about me: 1-10

What follows is a list of 100 things you may or may not know about me. I'm breaking it down into 10 item lists just to keep it readable and to get more mileage out of my posts.

I'm not always so great at sharing, but Jessica and Mightybob have done this and I've found it interesting, so I thought I'd give it a try. Perhaps it will spread and we'll all learn a little something new about each other. So here goes ...

1) I was born in Honolulu, Hawaii. This is not as exciting as everyone first thinks it is. We moved after three months, so I have no memory of it.

2) My earliest memories are of being pushed into an ant hill in preschool and having a bunch of ants on me, and having the chicken pox. I don't dwell much on my earliest memories.

3) There's a part of me that's convinced I have the ability to change traffic lights if I believe hard enough.

4) Every once and awhile, I'll put two fingers together like that girl in the old TV show "Out of This World" just to see if I've gained the ability to stop time.

5) I sometimes try to move objects with my mind, too.

6) As of yet, I don't seem to have any superpowers.

7) I subscribe to three magazines: Time, Electronic Gaming Monthly and Entertainment Weekly.

8) I'm kind of a neat freak.

9) Most of my closest friends have been girls since the third grade.

10) Yet I didn't have my first girlfriend until the summer after my freshman year in college. Go figure.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, are you saying that most of your closest friends underwent "the big switch" when they were in the third grade? Where do you find these people...I don't know a single person like that.

Oh and yes, I am alive.

BriGuy said...

Correction:
9) Most of my closest friends since the third grade have been girls.

I see your smart-ass tendencies survived the tornado intact, Betsy... :-)

Dapper Dad said...

Can I write the next 10?

BriGuy said...

Most definitely not.

nanners said...

can i write something about your super hot second girlfriend?

Jessica said...

Ooh, betsy beat me to my snide "and you call yourself a copy editor" comment. Dang. :-)

Would you like to swing on a star, carry moonbeams home in a jar, and be better off than you are... or would you rather go to earth?

I still remember the one where Evie got to choose between the ability to read minds and the ability to change shoes quickly. Man, would I love to try those out for a day...

Dapper Dad said...

I was going to mention her in Nos. 11-20, and she features prominently in another blog I run secretly on the side, but BriGuy isn't letting me have any fun.