Thursday, May 04, 2006

Crap cakes

Lest my ego get too out of hand in the kitchen, I had a humbling experience making crab cakes tonight for dinner. It seemed simple enough -- add the mix, mayonnaise and fresh crab meat. Put them in a hot pan for a few minutes on either side. Unfortunately, it didn't tell me how hot the stove should be and I ended up burning both sides. Plus, I need to be more thorough in separating wayward cartilage out of the crab meat next time.
Ick.

And two random thoughts:
1) For the love of all that is good in the world, don't go see "Silent Hill."
2) I bought an Xbox 360. I haven't had much time to play it, but it seems pretty sweet so far. Look for my thoughts on Gig Matrix soon.

2 comments:

hlw said...

you crack me up. i'll drink a beer at the 'berg for you on monday.

nanners said...

I love crab cakes. but yours do sound disgusting, so this is not something i will attempt at home.