Monday, May 08, 2006

100 things about me: 11-20

(Quick unrelated plug: First impressions of the Xbox 360 are up at Gig Matrix.)

11) On the playground when I was in preschool/kindergarten, most of the boys would "capture" the girls. I would be the one to rescue them. Thus, for better or worse, began my lifelong "knight in shining armor" complex.

12) I was in a grocery store commercial with my mom and brother when I was a little kid.

13) Whenever I buy a new article of clothing, I have to wash it. The idea of wearing it without doing so weirds me out.

14) I took piano lessons for many years when I was younger.

15) I'm trying to learn to play the guitar; at least if I could ever find someone who gave lessons during the day.

16) The two previous items probably explain why I'm a sucker for any music that involves the piano or acoustic guitar.

17) When I was younger, I would organize and clean when I was bored.

18) I want to go skydiving someday.

19) I have sung karaoke only once. It was to The Monkees' "I'm a Believer."

20) I did, however, sing in an a capella/barbershop group in college. I don't remember much of what we sang other than one traditional barbershop song and Billy Joel's "For the Longest Time."

7 comments:

nanners said...

was that commercial better than our DNT "what's the big deal" fiasco?

Christa said...

i can't believe that was your only karoake moment!

you definitely had a shining future, if i recall correctly.

Anonymous said...

Wow. That means I, too, witnessed your only karaoke moment. It's weird, though, because at the time it all seemed so rehearsed, as if you used to spend every weekend singing that song into your mirror, hair all perfectly in place. But, if you say it was a spontaneous performance, I'm sure it was.

-- Dubious in Des Moines

mightybob said...

Wow, I'm in the same piano/guitar boat.

Anonymous said...

I witnessed #20. It also seemed rehearsed, but probably for different reasons.

Brian, you're in the "pro" zone of Xbox Live? Whom are you trying to impress?

BriGuy said...

Hey, dude, it said "plays to win." And I totally play to kick your ass on a weekly basis.

And "Dubious" (if that's even your real name), I do not believe you were witness to my karaoke moment. So you just keep your jokes to yourself there, jokey mcjokester.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. You and I have a lot in common. What are you doing later?

R