Wednesday, February 15, 2006

My Valentine's Day brush with love

Wanting to get out of town for a bit, I headed up to D.C. yesterday for the evening. That it was Valentine's Day was coincidental, but probably well-timed. Hanging out with "the guys" playing video games and discussing the finer points of Sports Illustrated's Swimsuit Edition seems as good a way as any to celebrate a holiday named for a guy who got decapitated.

After an "eggs-hilirating" meal, Dave and I went to his new favorite dessert place -- CakeLove. It sells cakes whole or by the slice -- a novel concept that had me intrigued.

I have to admit that I had hoped to fall hopelessly in love -- either with a Cake Girl who was working there or with the place itself. No luck on the Cake Girl front, but regarding the place ... well, while Cupid's arrow may not have struck me full on in the buttocks, it certainly grazed me. The cake was quite delicious, even the half I finished a day later. They're very adamant about serving it at room temperature, which is a little bizarre, but hey, I like a place that knows what it wants. And we all have our quirks. CakeLove won't be mad if I check out other dessert places, and even though it's a long distance relationship, I think absence will make the heart -- and sweet tooth -- grow fonder in this case.

It may just be the infatuation talking, but I look forward to seeing where this relationship takes me and my cake.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do they do weddings....across the country? ;)
-BAD

Anonymous said...

Must we really be subjected to reading about your buttocks?! I thought this was a place where I could ... geez, I can't believe I even typed that word in! If I want sassy potty talk, I'll read Christa's blog.

R

BriGuy said...

Clare, I had heard that. And while I was hoping it might help me find a WOMAN, I guess that was never specified in the rules of how the link list works. But thanks for helping me find my cake.

And R:
Buttocks.
Buttocks.
Buttocks.

Also:
Derriere
Posterior
Rump
Bottom
Behind
Bum
Rear end
Fanny
Tush

And did I mention: Buttocks?