Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Dreaming of snow

Where I live has been teased with the idea of snow for the past week or so, but for the most part, it was nothing more than talk. Most people dreaded the idea, but I miss the snow. I like that it's a little colder -- it's a change of pace. I don't miss the Minnesota cold, but I'd like winter to feel at least a bit like winter. Hence my desire for some snow.

Well, I was in luck Monday morning. I awoke at 7:30 a.m. randomly (or so I thought at the time). I decided to peek outside, and there it was ...

Snow.

Not a lot, but there was a good dusting over the cars, grass and bushes. And it was still falling in big flakes. I opened up the curtains and sat watching it fall for awhile. I felt like Linus finally getting to sit and watch the Great Pumpkin. After awhile, I went back to bed ... content.

By the time I woke up again, it was all gone. No trace that it had ever snowed.

But I knew; I had seen it.

(Plus there were tons of traffic accidents that were a result of the panic that one snowflake can cause in these parts.)

3 comments:

hlw said...

That's what happens when you leave Colorado. There's epic snow this year at all the ski resorts. Sorry to hear you're missing snow and ginormous mountains.

nanners said...

i'll mail you some. it caused me to hit a snowbank yesterday. we could do with less.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back to the East Coast! Where the mere threat of snow can cause snow cancellations, making weathermen the most powerful people to every school-aged person in the area.