Thursday, June 09, 2005

Kids these days and their new-fangled roller coasters

I went to Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, Va., yesterday and came upon a disturbing discovery:

I can't really handle roller coasters anymore.

I first noticed it last year, when I would be a little wobbly after each time I rode a ride. But it was even worse this year. I love roller coasters, but they seem to totally throw my body out of whack now.

One of the people I was with yesterday said that he was a little wobbly getting off the rides too, which had never happened to him before. I told him I was that way last year and it was only going to get worse.

He mentioned that he was that way with swings as well. He used to be able to swing as high as he wanted and jump off. But no more. I'm the same way. Going too high in a swing is actually unnerving now. It's terribly sad.

I feel like I'm a few steps shy of writing cranky letters to the editor, being able to predict the weather based on how my knee feels and telling kids what things were like "in my day."

3 comments:

nanners said...

Brian, you were there when you moved into the old folks home last year and started sucking on Werthers while putting together 1500-piece puzzles with your dimentsia-bound friends.

nanners said...

dementia. oops.

BriGuy said...

Fear not, Meckhead. Of course I remember you! :-)
And I can't pull all-nighters anymore either. Alas, those were the days....