Friday, March 25, 2005

I'm doomed

I always find it interesting to see what the media focuses on in the personal life of someone who has done something bad.
For instance, yesterday I was reading about the kid in Minnesota who went on a shooting spree in his school after killing his grandfather and others. The relevance of his connection with an online hate group is obvious. But more odd, to me at least, was the amount of time spent in the story on his supposed fascination with zombies.

Yes, zombies.

Apparently, he had contributed to fan fiction sites about zombies, had written stories about regular people trying to survive in a world being taken over by zombies and liked zombie movies. Apparently, this makes him disturbed.

This does not bode well for my friend Klaus. Nor I, nor any of the other people involved with "Faces of Undeath." (If writing about zombies is bad, how screwed up do you have to be to make a movie about them?!?)

When a writer from the St. Louis Post-Dispatch was fired because of a blog he was keeping, one of the articles I read illustrated his eccentricity by pointing out that he kept numerous action figures on his desk at work.
That's your evidence? Big deal. I know people who keep weirder stuff on their desk than that. I used to have a big plastic Viking helmet on my computer. At a Lutheran magazine, they keep around posable Adam and Eve dolls.
You can imagine how they get posed.

The point is, if all of these things are signs of being disturbed, I'm the world's most likely candidate to get fired from work for my blog and then go on a shooting rampage because of it.

If I'd ever worn a trench coat in my life, I'd probably just have to give myself up to the police now.

On a completely unrelated note, my review of "The Office" is up on Gig Matrix if you're interested.

2 comments:

Abba said...

Someone stole Adam and Eve.

Anonymous said...

Yea...and what does that say about the personn who gave you the large, plastic viking helmet? Or the person who gave the person who gave you the large, plastic viking helmet?

-The lost Bernie