Friday, May 13, 2005

Oh, the hyperbole!

Aaron has already written about this on Gig Matrix, but I'm throwing in my two cents. If you watched MTV on Thursday night, you saw the unveiling of the next-gen Xbox console -- the Xbox 360.

The show was mostly hype, hyperbole and hotties. If I'm to understand what was said, the Xbox 360 will be totally wireless (no cords -- woohoo!), involve a lot more online features (including a lot of customization for sale) and solve the problem of world hunger. And the graphics are, of course, gorgeous.

But I'm with Aaron. I just don't know if I'm ready to give up my first-gen Xbox yet. Granted, the Xbox 360 isn't coming out until the end of the year, but how many games will come out with it? Probably not many. And the fact that they're rushing to be the first one in to the market of next-gen consoles worries me. (Anyone other early adapters still live in fear of the "Dirty Disc" error?) I figure I can hold off for a while, but sooner or later, they're gonna stop making games for the Xbox and then I'll have to make the switch.

But for now, I've got a backlog of great games to play.

No comments: