Saturday, April 30, 2005

It's no finger in my chili, but ...

I was snacking on some double-stuffed E.L. Fudge cookies during dinner at work tonight, when all of the sudden, I looked down and realized that there was a hunk of plastic lodged in the chocolate stuffing.
Huh, I thought, glad I didn't bite from the other end first.

I wondered if I could sue the Keebler elves.

But then I started thinking about, what if I won? What if I got a huge settlement and it bankrupted the elves? They would be forced to close down the tree with the magical oven. I can see them now -- little elves with little knapsacks slung over their backs as they close down the tree for good and go their separate ways. Probably shedding elf-sized tears.

Too sad.
I couldn't do that to Ernie and the cookie crew. So I threw the cookie away.

It was just as well. I noticed when I got home that the plastic tray the cookies came in had a piece missing, so it must have broken at some point and gotten lodged in the cookie post-elf participation.

But if I ever find anything in my Cocoa Krispies, I am sooo taking down Snap, Crackle and Pop.

1 comment:

nanners said...

that was a sad story, about those elves.