Thursday, February 17, 2005

Duluth, you'll always be my kind of town

"Laughter is not at all a bad beginning for a friendship, and it is far the best ending for one."
-- Oscar Wilde, "The Picture of Dorian Gray"


This will be my last blog posting for a while. I'm packing up my computer tomorrow (or later today as it were), and I'll hit the road Saturday. Depending on when my stuff arrives, I hope to reconnect with the rest of the world in a couple of weeks.

I'm not sure what to say at this point. I would list my fond memories from my time in Duluth or why I'm thankful for each of the friendships I've made in the past three and a half years, but not even the Internet would have enough space for such a list.
Since I've been here, I've grown immensely as a copy editor and as a person. So many of the friends I've made feel like they've been friends for life, rather than of only a few years or less. And I hope those relationships continue for life.

I guess what I most want to say is thank you.
Thank you for the lessons you've taught me, for inviting me into your lives, for the wonderful memories and especially for the laughter.

I'm sure that we will continue to keep in touch, and I look forward to the time when our paths cross again. I wish only the best for all of you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck at the new job. We liked you here.

R

Anonymous said...

And good luck on making people like you.

(It's harder than it looks.)

mvs