Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Misc. comments

I saw "National Treasure" last week. It's nothing Earth-shattering, but it was fun and entertaining in that usual Jerry Bruckheimer sort of way. It has also put Diane Kruger on my list of celebrity crushes.

I picked up U2's latest CD ("How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb"). It's a bit of an unwieldy title, but a great album. Not that best ever, as I believe Time magazine proclaimed, but definitely worth listening to.

I finished "Halo 2" the other day. I'd like to say that the planet is now safe from alien invasion, but the ending sort of ... sucked. It was very anticlimactic and just a lead-in for the next "Halo" game. I hate when they do that.

Boston has finally gotten around to starting the process of removing a law that bans American Indians from city limits. Good for them. (Alabama, incidentally, is beginning its recount this week of the close, failed vote to remove segregation language from the state constitution.)

3M has created this Fire Protection Fluid that looks like water and can be used to put out fires but doesn't have any of the bad side effects. You can actually immerse electronic equipment in the liquid, and it'll work just fine afterward. How crazy cool is that?! But maybe that's just my inner science nerd talking...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A couple of things here, Briguy.

There's nothing "fun and entertaining" about Jerry Bruckheimer. The man takes your money and hands you turds. It's called a scam.

You should suppress your crush for Ms. Kruger. I studied history, and this sort of thing ends with all of us in a horse, and I don't smell too good in enclosed spaces during overnighters.

Your inner nerd has been shrouded for years in an obvious outer nerd. I shudder to think about peeling away these layers to find your inner and outer selves in a far-ranging debate over the meaning of the final episode of "Seaquest DSV."

Anonymous said...

Nothing earth-shattering? Did you and I see the same movie? "National Treasure" does for history what "Donald Duck in Mathemagic Land" did for, um, mathemagic. Simply put, "National Treasure" is a national treasure. And so is Diane Kruger. (Even if that nation is Germany.)

mvs

Anonymous said...

Nothing earth-shattering? Did you and I see the same movie? "National Treasure" does for history what "Donald Duck in Mathemagic Land" did for, um, mathemagic. Simply put, "National Treasure" is a national treasure. And so is Diane Kruger. (Even if that nation is Germany.)

mvs

BriGuy said...

I vaguely remember "Mathemagic" and it WAS fantastic.
I don't, however, remember the final episode of "Seaquest." I think I stopped watching before it became Seaquest 2032. But who can resist the killer combination of Jonathan Brandis (a moment of silence, please) and Roy Scheider? Not to mention that we only have about 14 years before some people can breathe underwater and dolphins can talk. I for one, can't wait.