Monday, October 30, 2006

Boo

In honor of Halloween, this week's cool clip is the full version of "Thriller." If you want the shortened version, you can find it here.

I had my first of two Halloween parties this past weekend. Although I have no problem dressing up for no good reason, I'm not really a fan of dressing up for Halloween. My costume this year was driven by a total lack of ideas and laziness. I decided to go as Michael Scott, from "The Office" -- particularly the episode from Season 2 where he burns his foot on a George Foreman grill.

Yeah, it was that obscure.

Although it had the benefit of being easy (all I needed was some bubble wrap and crutches, really), it was difficult to describe who I was to anyone who wasn't VERY familiar with the show. And even then, it really wasn't that funny. It might have been better had I tried to stay in character the whole evening, but that lasted about ... oh, two minutes. I only stayed on the crutches for about half that time.

At any rate, here's how it looked, compared with a scene from that episode:





So I've decided to come up with something else by Tuesday night.
We'll see how that goes...

3 comments:

Autumn said...

When I was looking for a costume idea last week, one friend suggested I could be "cut and run." (Another mocked how inside-the-Beltway this costume was, but anyway.) You just need a track suit and a willingness to cut some holes.... :-)

I'll send you pictures of what I opted for instead.

Anonymous said...

Hm. Maybe you should have carried around a "World's Best Boss" mug.

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I'm going into laughter spasms at work. THAT IS THE BEST EVER.

Omg.