Saturday, October 14, 2006

What's been going on

Sorry the posts have been so sparse lately. Work has been busy and will continue to be for a while until they hire a replacement for my boss. But here's the lowdown on what I've been up to the past few weeks.

I went to Tennessee for wedding No. 4 of the year. It was a very nice ceremony and a lot of fun with a good group of friends. We also rented a convertible to drive around in, which was fun, and played a lot of poker (I won $15.), so good times all around.

Speaking of rental cars, I've received a letter from National claiming I owe them money for damage to the car I rented in California. I've called them back and am waiting for a return call to see what exactly the bastards think I did given that I returned the car in the same condition I got it. I foresee a good fight coming up, so stay tuned.

While at Target one day the other week, I either got hit on or recruited for a job. I'm not entirely sure which. It started in the snack aisle with some casual banter that seemed sort of flirty. Then she asked me what I did for work. I told her and she asked if I had ever considered doing freelance marketing work. I said no, I was busy enough as it was. Then things went in that direction for a bit until she gave me her card and said if I changed my mind to let her know. I found this rather bizarre because I would never walk up to some random person and ask if they wanted to freelance copy edit for me. After telling the story to my friend The Godmother, she said a lot of people, particularly if they're in something like marketing, use their jobs that way to flirt and try to get dates. I found it thoroughly confusing. And no, I have no intention of calling.

Otherwise, I've seen "The Departed" and am going hiking this weekend. Should be fun times.

No comments: