Monday, August 14, 2006

Crabby, meet crabby meat

I went to lunch at a place serving all-you-can-eat crabs today. I love fresh seafood and I do like crab meat, but the experience has taught me that I don't really like having to work that hard for a meal. Don't get me wrong, I was going after those little crustaceans. There were shells flying, and I even cut myself somehow. You're just not trying if you're not bleeding by the end of an all-you-can-eat feast.

By the time I stopped eating, though, it wasn't because I was full, it was because I was tired. I spent a lot more energy trying to get to the crab meat than I could ever get from actually eating it. Consequently, I was hungry about an hour later.

Clearly, I just need to invent a crab-cracking machine. That would be totally cool.

3 comments:

nanners said...

yum! robin and i would have loved that! we don't mind working for the crabby meat.

mightybob said...

Good luck with your invention. Will you still blog when you're a shell-less crab-eating millionaire?

BriGuy said...

Of course. The posts will just be about how I'm sitting around one of the pools at my estate, eating crab meat and being fanned and waited on by my concubines.

At least until my crab-cracking machine/robot goes crazy and tries to kill everyone with its hammer and claw.