Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Back in the mile-high life again

I spent much of last week back in Colorado for the wedding of one of my best friends from high school. It was a Scottish affair, hence the kilt:



For more photos, go here.
It was also an outdoor wedding, which was beautiful, but hot. And a kilt isn't as drafty as you might think. I think I'll stick with pants and shorts, but at least I had my little man purse/murse/package protector to keep stuff in. I have to admit, it was pretty handy. (At least for when one doesn't have pockets -- don't be getting any funny ideas like I'm going to start carrying around a purse or anything.) At any rate, the wedding was a lot of fun.

There was even a chocolate fountain at the reception, though no chocolate fountain girl.
Probably just as well for everyone involved.

The rest of the trip was also most excellent and reminded me why I love Colorado so much. The mountains were beautiful and a bunch of us spent the morning before the wedding going tubing in Boulder Creek, which was a lot of fun. It would be great to be able to do stuff like that whenever I felt like it. And even though I'm often dismayed by all the development going on, it's still refreshing to be able to see rabbits and groundhogs on a regular basis.

The trip also included visits with several old friends I hadn't seen in years and I got to hang out with my family. All in all, you can't ask for much more than that!

7 comments:

hlw said...

LOVE the pictures!! Glad you had the chance to be in BEAUTIFUL COLORADO! Thanks for making time to hang out while you were here - let me know next time you're in town!

mightybob said...

gotta love the kilt with the man purse. there's no substitute for the rockies.

Anonymous said...

Let's go back to Colorado, Brian. The East is poo.

Anonymous said...

Go tubing/rafting in WV. It's the only place that compares to CO from what I hear (and does not involve a plan for you). But thumbs up for weddings, friends, family, and CO. Thumbs down for kilts and manpurses (really... not your best look. Stick with Zorro or Superman or Pirate guy... retrospectively... forget the thumbs down. This is par for the course). -Kevin

Christa said...

that front photo is exactly what i looked like on the first day of catholic school in grades 1-8.

thankfully you didn't have to deal with the acne, slow dancing to whitesnack and aqua net that accompanied my years in that pattern.

Anonymous said...

Colorado is indeed the place to live the mile-high life!

Awesome pic's, too.

;)t

BriGuy said...

Why thank you, Terri. :-)