Wednesday, April 26, 2006

My luggage went on vacation and all I got was this T-shirt

Well, I've been back from my trip to Colorado since Sunday. My luggage arrived late Tuesday night. I'm not sure why, but judging by my past arrivals in Norfolk, it is now statistically more likely for me to NOT get my luggage when I fly home. Apparently, when I made the layover in Cleveland, my suitcase decided to stick around. And then, rather than fly to Norfolk the next day, it decided to fly to Portland, Maine. After hanging around there for a bit, it finally came home via Newark.
I hope it had a nice time without me.

On the bright side, the trip was really nice. The wedding and reception were fun (and featured, oddly, potatoes shaped like mushrooms), I got to see my parents and some friends from high school, do a little hiking and I got fitted for a kilt.

Yes, a kilt.

Two friends of mine are getting married later this summer and have decided to have a Scottish theme that involves the groomsmen wearing kilts. I give you a preview now (minus several parts of the outfit, but you get the idea):



Ladies, I'll start taking applications to be my wedding date now.

After I arrived home, a friend who had been to the ACES conference in, coincidentally, Cleveland gave me this shirt that she had gotten as a conference gift:

If you know me, you'll get it.

9 comments:

David said...

I'm pretty jealous about the kilt. Do you get to keep it? Man. That's so cool.

hlw said...

Is Colorado ready to see Brian Cleveland in a kilt? Thanks for the "preview." Looks like I'll be in town when you're here, after all. Let's definitely hang out!

BriGuy said...

HLW, will do.

Dave, no, I don't get to keep the kilt. Sorry. I'm sure you could buy your own if you really want, though.

hlw said...

Can you at least wear it when we hang out?

BriGuy said...

H --
Ummm ... no.

nanners said...

my luggage was lost en route to Norfolk, too. when you buy a ticket for that city does it automatically place your stuff in a black hole?

mightybob said...

I hope your friend is a Scot; otherwise it's kinda silly. But I've always agreed with an ad I saw once for Brigadoon - "Real men wear kilts." :)

Anonymous said...

I'm just glad you weren't standing in a more provacative pose for that photo.

R

p.s. It will be going in the desktop photo rotation.

BriGuy said...

Mightybob: darn right.

R: Wait till you see what happens at the wedding. That'll give you some material for your desktop.