Friday, July 14, 2006

Catch-up

Well, things look like they might be returning to a semblance of normal at work, and thus my life looks to be settling back down a bit, which I look forward to. What have I been up to the past couple of weeks or so?

I spent July Fourth at the barbecue and party of a couple of friends from 1 p.m. to 3:30 a.m. Good times.

I went up to D.C. to see "Spam-A-Lot" with my brother. I highly recommend the show if you have a chance to see it. Almost all of the funniest parts of "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" with the boring parts taken out and more funny stuff thrown in. It was great.

I've seen a couple of movies -- "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest," which feels about as long as its title (although I wasn't a huge fan of the first one, in the movie's defense), and "The Devil Wears Prada," which was quite funny. And I really like Meryl Streep and Anne Hathaway (so cute).

Speaking of cute/hot, Kristen Bell is on the cover of the current issue of "Shape" magazine. Wowsers. Reuben told me about it and I finally saw it today at the grocery store. Wowsers.

I had to meet a job candidate I was interviewing on Monday. We were supposed to meet at 9 a.m. I woke up to the phone at 9:20. For some reason, my alarm never went off. I have no idea why, but was not a good start to the day. Although she was very gracious and we've since hired her, so it must not have put her off too much.

And just now I ran spellcheck on this blog post and accidentally kept hitting "replace," thus changing 1 p.m. to 1 pooh and 3:30 a.m. to 3:30 ahoy. Apparently, I also went to DEWY to see "Spam-A-Lot." And Kristen Bell's hotness now makes me exclaim "Washers."

Clearly, it's time to go to bed.

3 comments:

nanners said...

you run spell check on your BLOG? you copy editors.

David said...

Regarding Bell, Washers! indeed.

Anonymous said...

Washers and dryers.