Monday, April 16, 2007

Spring cleaning my life

It's been an expensive weekend, but in a good way, I suppose. I spent most of yesterday afternoon shopping -- one of my semiannual clothes shopping experiences. I asked a fashion-savvy friend to accompany me and got a bunch of new shirts, pants, shoes, etc. I also donated a bunch of clothes I don't wear often or that I really never should have been wearing. Those familiar with my wardrobe will be happy to know that the pleated shorts are gone, and as soon as my shoes arrive on Tuesday, I'll stop wearing gym shoes every day. (Incidentally, Endless.com is a pretty good deal for buying shoes. They have a huge variety of shoes you can check out, some pretty good sale prices, free overnight shipping and free return shipping. So if something doesn't fit, you just send it back and they send you a different size -- all for free!)

I did not just get excited about shoes, though. Let's be clear about that.

Anyhow, I got some nice shirts and a jacket for when I want to look extra spiffy. Who knows? It could be the start of a whole new fashionable me.

Today, I bought a new washer and dryer, which will arrive on Wednesday. I'm looking forward to having an energy-efficient set and being able to dry a load of clothes in less than 2 hours.

I also finally did my taxes tonight, not that I was procrastinating or anything.

So it was an expensive weekend, but a productive one. On Wednesday, I head to Miami for a few days for a copy editors convention. I suspect my fun is more likely to come from cracking grammar jokes than from hitting the clubs, but I'll let you know when I get back.

1 comment:

kalimera said...

Pleated shorts? Ah well, at least they are gone. I haven't heard of Endless.com, but I'll have to check it out. Look at you, giving online shoe buying tips!