Saturday, December 23, 2006

A few happenings from the week

Well, I've decided to revamp the blog a bit. New year coming up, time for a new look, I suppose. The lists of links have been updated, and the weekly cool clips are just going to have to be separate posts -- it was futzing up the design too much being in the rail. But you can still find old clips in the sidebar. There's also an RSS feed for Gig Matrix, so you can see when we add new articles. Woohoo.

One thing I didn't do was get my Christmas cards out this week. So those are gonna be late, in case you were eagerly waiting by your mailbox. Sorry about that. I didn't even get a lot of the gift buying done until late, although I'm almost finished with that now.

I also had a birthday earlier in the week. I'm hoping that 28 will be the year my superpowers finally manifest themselves, but no sign of them yet.

While this wasn't in the past week, Wal-Mart started saying "Merry Christmas" to customers, leading Fox News to declare the War on Christmas as being over. Even the National Catholic Register is declaring the Christmas insurgency to be in its last throes. But just remember, you read who the winner would be on this blog first.

3 comments:

Christa said...

looking sharp, briguy.

mightybob said...

hot dang, briguy. you're soooooooo old. if we were real friends, i'd send you fixodent :). i hope it was a good day for you. many happy returns.

mightybob said...

totally joking about the 'soooooooo old' thing, btw (i'm around the same age)