Monday, November 13, 2006

Your friendly neighborhood recommendations

This is the latest Spider-Man 3 trailer -- and it's awesome.

Also on my list of things I'd recommend lately:

"The Prestige" -- a great movie (with Hugh Jackman and Christian Bale for you ladies and Scarlett Johansson for the dudes) about dueling magicians. How can that not be cool?!?

"Stranger Than Fiction" -- like Jim Carrey in "The Truman Show" and "The Majestic" (an undervalued film), I find Will Ferrell more likable when he dials it back a little. It's a pretty sweet (as in touching, not like sweeeeeeettttttt) movie, and Maggie Gyllenhaal is her usual charming self.

Hinder -- The group's album "Extreme Behavior" is worth a listen, particularly if you're a fan of Nickelback (I believe they're touring together actually). You've probably heard their song "Lips of an Angel" on the radio. The rest of the album is good stuff, too.

Otherwise, I've mostly been playing video games and working lately, so not much to share. Although I did get a jump on my Christmas shopping tonight because the mall was doing one of those things where they stay open late and stores offer discounts and part of the proceeds go to charity. My other option for the evening's entertainment was the Kevin Federline concert, so yeah, I chose the mall.

1 comment:

Christa said...

aw nuts. i just went to the prestige on accident. i'd heard it was about the mafia. mafia, magicians. i should research things better. i thought it was fine, but almost left when i realized there would be no pasta, relatively little gunfire. no omerta.

so i sat through the whole movie and never realized that was christian bale. bah! what a waste! and me. a lover of american psycho. i could kick myself.