Monday, November 20, 2006

There and back again: A homeowner's tale

Last week, I squared away the loan pre-approval and such to begin my quest for home ownership. Next week, I and my real estate agent will begin the journey.

It will take us through many foreign lands (other neighborhoods), and we may face many dangers (dogs, toys left in the yard or around the house). I have already sensed the forces of evil (competing home buyers) gathering to hunt us down and stop us (hey, it's a competitive market), but we will elude them. And I will overcome any obstacles that are put in my path with the help of my fellowship (agent, home inspector, attorney, dwarf).

We will not be defeated.

Mark my words, I will finish this journey into the land of Mortgage, so that I can destroy (er, pay) the one rent -- my final rent -- the one rent to rule them all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I and my real estate agent"?

Anonymous said...

Oops. That was I and my premature click on "publish."

nanners said...

can i live in your new attic?