Monday, September 05, 2005

The Bachelor Bakes, Part II: Back in the Kitchen

"This time, it's personal."

You may recall my failed attempt at the chocolate and cherry cookies a couple of weeks ago. Well, this afternoon I decided to give it another go. I used chocolate chips instead of way too much of the wrong kind of chocolate. And I was careful to make what I thought were 1-inch balls of dough for the cookies. But apparently my default setting for cookies really is ginormous, and I still ended up with half as many balls of dough as I was supposed to have. So I begrudgingly cut them in half and made smaller cookies.

See, sometimes I can exhibit self-control and learn from my mistakes.

This time, the cookies turned out excellent, if I do say so myself.




As a bonus, I had some left over cherries and left over frosting, so I created my own chocolate-covered cherries. Mmmmm....

Score one for perseverance in the kitchen!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

not to be picky, but that giant blob of chocolate in the photo is not perfectly proportionate to the rest of the cookie. It blobs outside of bounds. I think you should try again. ;-)

Jessica said...

You watch, BriGuy, this'll turn into a cooking blog yet! :-)