Saturday, June 09, 2007

Well, hello again

So I'm still here.

I have, however, begun seriously considering giving up the blogging. I barely have time to live my life these days, much less write about it, but I certainly didn't want the Tech shooting post to be the last thing on my blog, and if I do decide to give it up, I'll say goodbye first.

Anyhow, here's a quick synopsis of what I've been up to since my last post:

1) I went down to Miami for a few days for a work conference.

2) I got a promotion at work. I now run the copy desk at the paper. Pretty cool and a great challenge. It also means a lot of work and long days. We also just launched a major redesign of the paper, which has meant even longer days lately. But that'll settle down in a week or two.

3) I was one of the lucky few in attendance for Shutterbug's wedding on the Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah.

4) I finally mowed my lawn and pulled the weeds in my backyard that were, seriously, taller than me.

5) Got a great visit from an old college friend, which included a search for 2-cent stamps that finally led us to the Postal Museum in D.C.

6) I started growing a goatee, as you can see by the new mugshot. I just felt like a change. I was a little skeptical of it working at first, but I'm starting to like it.

So that's the Reader's Digest of the update on my life for now. Just wanted to let you all know I'm still kicking. I'll try to be more in touch soon.

4 comments:

hlw said...

Good to have you back!

Anonymous said...

Yay. I've been wondering where you were. I started a blog and made a baby.

R

nanners said...

with that goatee, you resemble a thin ahbinav.

Christa said...

wow. i like your new profile pic. yum, yum, briguy.